Terms & Conditions (E-Store Merchant)1) Scope
(1) www.shopthefeaturedstore.com is the E-Commerce platform of www.thefeaturedstore.com
'The Featured Store' owns and operates a platform in the Singapore that allows merchants to list and sell their products to the public over the internet. This platform is currently provided on the website www.shopthefeaturedstore.com, but may be provided on different websites or applications in the future.
(2) The merchant will have the opportunity to sell their products on 'The Featured Store' platform. The Featured Store is entitled to accept purchases on behalf of the merchant. The service provided by The Featured Store is limited to referring customers to the merchant and accepting orders and payments on their behalf. In addition to this at The Featured Store's discretion they may provide the merchant with analytics about the performance of the merchant's products and additional marketing support. This support may be reflective of the agreed level of commission.
(3) The merchant authorizes The Featured Store to accept binding orders from customers on their behalf.
(4) Rebate point / Store Credit on www.shopthefeaturedstore.com may not be valid with any promotion conjunction at The Featured Store's retail outlet.
(5) The Featured Store may carry out changes to the website or service, or suspend the service, without notice.
(6) The Featured Store reserve the right to add in or make changes to any future charges for the services or features in www.shopthefeaturedstore.com.
2) The Featured Store's rights and obligations
(2) The Featured Store will present on the website the approved products listed by the merchant. The merchant will be responsible for listing their own products.
(3) The Featured Store is authorized to accept binding sales on behalf of the merchant and will be careful to pass order data on to the merchant as well as technology allows.
(4) In order to maintain its reputation for quality and high standard of service, The Featured Store reserves the right to terminate the relationship with the merchant if the merchant repeatedly receives bad reviews or complaints, or fails to comply with our recommendations.
(5) The Featured Store reserve the right to run any in-house promotion without the permission of the merchants, while keeping in mind on maintaining competitive fair market value. In the event that The Featured Store runs any in-house discount promotion without collaborating with any merchant, the discount would still be fully absorbed by the merchant with a maximum cap at 20%.
(6) The Featured Store will also be providing in-house loyalty program to it's customers and members. All rebate point / store credit provided by The Featured Store, will be bear by The Featured Store, except that in the event merchant proposed to provide exclusive rebate points to the customers for marketing purpose, it will be bear by the merchant.
3) Merchant's rights and obligations
(1) The merchant is obliged to provide all the information necessary when listing a product on The Featured Store. This should include but not limited to, a detailed title and sub-title, price, quantity, picture and description. The merchant must never knowingly deceive a potential customer by misrepresenting their product(s). The merchant is obligated to notify The Featured Store of any changes to the detail of their listings while uploaded on the site.
(2) The merchant guarantees that information listed on The Featured Store relating to his products satisfies all legal requirements, and in particular satisfies information requirements for consumer protection.
(3) The merchant will be responsible for keeping an up-to-date inventory of all their products listed on The Featured Store.
(4) The merchant guarantees that the information provided by him does not violate any third party's copyright.
(5) The merchant will contact the customers no more than is necessary for processing the transactions referred by The Featured Store. In particular, the merchant will not send any advertising email or other commercial advertisements to the customer without prior agreement from The Featured Store or the expressed wish of the customer. When delivering products sold via The Featured Store, the merchant will not advertise any of The Featured Store's competitors.
(6) The merchant will process orders and arrange delivery with all reasonable care the moment the merchant receives confirmation of sale through The Featured Store site. The merchant is required to keep his advertised products and services available to the best of his ability. Repeated stock-outs will result in the removal of the merchant and all their products from the The Featured Store's platform. The merchant is obligated to have at least 15 active SKU.
(7) If the merchant cannot fulfill an order submitted to him, he must notify The Featured Store as soon as possible, and within one day of receiving the order at the latest.
(8) The merchants are allowed to propose any joint promotion with The Featured Store via email on the details of the promotion. The merchant agrees that the approval of the promotion will be strictly decided by The Featured Store.
(9) The merchant agrees that the recommended selling price of their listed item on 'The Featured Store' has to be lower or similar value of their selling price compared to on their website.
(10) The merchant would have to bear for the shipping cost to ship for the new piece should customer is eligible for a return because it is the merchant's responsibility to ensure the item is not defective/damaged before shipment. The Featured Store will determine each return case as fairly as possible for both merchant and the customer. The Featured Store reserve the right to reject a customer's return demand should it has been deem as ineligible. The customer would have to bear for any of their own shipping cost to return the item. Please refer to Refund Policy for more information.
(11) The merchant agrees to adhere his range of products and prices as provided and as described on their listing on the website. The merchant guarantees that there are no ongoing criminal, bankruptcy or tax proceedings or other penalties outstanding in relation to the products they are selling through the platform. The merchant further guarantees to be accountable to keep up-to- date his range of products, stock count, prices and it's associated terms and conditions.
(1) The merchant agrees to pay The Featured Store a fixed percentage commission on the gross revenue from the sales made through the The Featured Store platform. Depending on the category it may be appropriate to agree different commission percentages for certain items or product categories.
(2) The Featured Store may start charging additional fees for the sale of goods through the platform at any point. These may include but are not limited to, listing fees, multiple photos fees and enhanced marketing fees. In the event of the introduction of further fees, the merchant will be notified prior to their commencement in writing and they will have the option to opt out.
(3) The Featured Store reserves the right to adjust the percentage commission, providing one week notice is served in advance to the merchant. The Featured Store will give the merchant one week notice of any commission changes, in writing. This does not cover adjustments that constitute a material change of the contract terms, which would require an additional agreement on the change.
5) Customer payment method
(1) In case of electronic payment by the customer (e.g. by credit card, debit card, or Wireless online Transfer), The Featured Store collects the payment for the relevant order in The Featured Store's name on behalf of the merchant, and pays it out to the merchant according to the invoicing agreement.
(2) The merchant will keep receipts of deliveries to customers for at least 12 months and make those available on request. In case of problems that may cause the order to be rescinded, or in case of a delivery failure, the merchant must immediately notify The Featured Store by phone so that the credit card payment may be cancelled.
(3) The merchant bears the risk of abuse of the payment medium (e.g. of credit card or debit card fraud). If a fraudulent payment has been credited to the merchant, The Featured Store reserves the right to correct the amount the merchant is invoiced to offset this payment
(1) The merchant indemnifies The Featured Store from all claims arising in relation to matters outside of The Featured Store's control, including but not limited to the quality of goods and services provided by the merchant. The merchant further indemnifies The Featured Store from third parties' claims resulting from any violation of laws and regulations by the merchant.
(2) The Featured Store cannot guarantee that its service will be free from all malfunctions, but will exercise all reasonable care and skill to resolve any such case.
(3) GST liability rests with the merchant and The Featured Store will not be responsible for any GST issues.
7) Invoicing and merchant payment
(1) Merchant will need to have a PayPal account. All payment will be transacted automatically in the system via PayPal.
(2) Invoices are to be self-generated in the system.
(3) The Featured Store shall remit the order amount (subtracting The Featured Store's commission + discounted price) to the merchant 30 days from the date the order has been delivered.(If there is no refund)
(1) The Featured Store has the right to freely maintain the merchant's listing and its ranking on the website. The Featured Store offers customers the opportunity to give ratings and reviews of the merchant's goods and services on the website, and has the right but not the obligation to publish these online and make them visible to all customers. The Featured Store reserves the right to delete ratings and reviews.
(2) The Featured Store may scan, transcribe, and publish online the merchant's listings, logos and other materials required. The merchant grants to The Featured Store a royalty- free, perpetual, unrestricted licence to use and distribute any materials provided by him, for the purpose of advertising The Featured Store's service. In particular, this includes use in Google AdWords campaigns, domain name registrations and other online marketing and search engine optimization measures.
Merchants is obliged to maintain confidentially of the content of this agreement, as well as all other information and data they acquire in connection with the partnership, and not use it for purposes outside the scope of this contract or pass it on to third parties. This obligation is in force for 1 year after the termination of the contract. Both parties are obliged to follow privacy laws and handle accordingly all data related to customers, suppliers and business partners.
10 Terms and termination
(1) This agreement is valid as soon as the merchant proceed with this application, submitted accordingly and accepted by The Featured Store, remains valid indefinitely until termination by either party. Termination can occur at any time, with a notice period of two weeks, in writing, by email. The revenues generated during this notice period are still subject to the partnership agreement. Breaching of the notice period would result in no payment of any balance payment.
(2) The right to immediate termination by The Featured Store, covers the case where the merchant repeatedly receives negative ratings and reviews on the website, and when these are not obviously unjustified. Repeatedly providing misleading information or withholding information required to present the merchant's items is also grounds for immediate termination. Typos, mistakes and transmission errors are excluded from this, as long as they are not caused with intent or by gross negligence.
(1) If a single clause in this agreement is invalid, both parties will endeavor to replace the invalid clause by a valid one that reproduces as closely as possible the intended economic meaning of the invalid clause. The validity of the rest of the agreement remains unaffected. This applies in particular if the agreement is found to be incomplete.
(2) The Featured Store reserves the right to modify his general terms and conditions without giving any justification and notice.
(3) The changed terms and conditions are considered agreed by the merchant if there is no objection in writing received.
(4) Any terms and conditions of the merchant are not part of this agreement unless The Featured Store expressly agrees to adhere to them in writing.